Monday, May 6, 2013

{Spring Break is Over...}

Well, technically it ended over a month ago but who's counting...
 
So I have severely neglected this little blog of mine so in an attempt to redeem myself I'm going to share with you some of the activities we did to celebrate Spring!  I found the majority of these using Pinterest... seriously the most addicting site EVER...
 
1. Clouds in a Jar: My kids L.O.V.E.D. this experiment.  In their words they felt like "real scientists."  [I think they really liked using the pipettes] 
 
2. Spring Patterns: The Fantastic Frogs have gotten SOOO good at patterns. 
[Shannon Martin of Kindergarten Hoppenings has created a bunch of these for her thematic units]
 
3. I think these butterflies came out so stinkin' adorable.  In the past I've had the kids do the traditional paint one side using a paintbrush, but this time we use different sized sponges and I think they came out beautiful.
[Can I also add how proud I am of my little collage?  I did it with one of the apps on my phone.]
 
4.  The Day it Rained Hearts:  I love the book The Day it Rained Hearts and I was super excited when I found this activity to go with it.  I love when I find crafts or activities that use multiple skills and make connections to our books.  It's like a double whammy...Boo Yah!
 
Anywho, the kids selected hearts of two colors, counted how many they had of each and then added them together. 
 
5. Rain, Rain Go Away: So I can not remember where I saw this and I have tried googling but nada.  All I know is that I saw this adorable activity somewhere and this is how ours came out.  We had done a pocket chart with the rhyme and used the kids name before hand so when it came time for this we were prepared...well sorta...I jsut love how they decorated themselves in the rain.
 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment