Sunday, January 29, 2012

{Fairytales...}

This was the first time we had ever done fairy tales as a thematic unit, but we had a lot of fun learning about variations of familiar stories... I was unable to snap pictures of everything but here is a little recap of what went down..

So since most of my class already knew the fairy tales we discussed I decided to share with them the different versions, I used the Stinky Cheese Man book since it already contained several fairy tales...

1. The Ugly Duckling
[feather painting]

Directed drawing of a swan
[these were incredible]

2. Jack and the Bean Stalk
[planting beans]


"J" is for Jack
[cutting out letter J and gluing beans]

3. The Three Little Pigs


4. Little Red Riding Hood
[We recreated the story]

5. The Little Red Hen [makes a pizza]
We made the Little Red Hens found here at Pattie's Classroom and Pizza Rolls that I saw on Pinterest... It was a rather crazy day and I have no pictures :( 

Thanks for sticking around! Have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment